- Fruits and veggies: Mostly organic, fresh and raw. I do cook veggies, but I try to eat 50% raw at least 5 days a week.
- Grains: Such as brown rice, couscous, quinoa, mock meats, breads, pasta, etc.
- Legumes: Such as lentils, black beans, refried beans, butter beans, black-eyed peas, etc.
- Sprouts: You can get a variety of sprouts and they're packed with nutrients.
- Herbs: Yummy goodness. Fresh ones are the best.
- Soy: Tofu, miso, tempeh, soy ice cream, soy sour cream, soy whip cream, soy milk, soy cream cheese, soy cheese (jack, cheddar, etc), fake meats, etc.
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts and pine nuts are my favorites to cook with.
Basically anything that is plant based and does not contain anything derived by an animal. The food I eat is loaded with flavor and full of compassion for our earthly friends.
Trader Joes has a new labeling system, where they put a V on a bunch of their vegan items. They don't have everything labeled yet, so if it doesn't have a V it may still be vegan. Check out their list of vegan items.